Southern Maine Health Care’s Pain Management Centers in Kennebunk and Sanford offer a range of diagnostic tools, advanced medicine, state-of-the-art interventional techniques and rehabilitation to provide comprehensive treatment options for patients with acute or chronic pain or disabilities.
While SMHC's Pain Management Center cannot guarantee a complete cure of your condition, the primary goal of the Pain Management Center staff is to ease your pain and improve your quality of life. Working closely with your physician to introduce treatment approaches, the Pain Management Center serves as an intricate link to the total care and management of your pain.
The experienced medical staff at SMHC’s Pain Management Centers specialize in assessing patients and providing plans to help them achieve their pain management goals.
• M. Amir Kahn, MD, board certified in Pain Management
• Leonid I. Temkin, MD, board certified in Anesthesia
Pain Management consultations may include the following diagnostic tools or evaluations:
• A thorough medical history review
• Current medication review
• Complete medical examination
• Laboratory and/or diagnostic imaging tests
• Individual treatment plan
• Patient question, education and review sessions
• Behavior modification
Treatments and recommendations may include:
• Muscle or tissue manipulation
• Exercise and spine health
• Injections (epidural, trigger point, nerve blocks)
• Invasive therapies for diagnostic treatment
• Implanted medical devices
• Minor procedures not involving surgery
• Recovery or prevention plans
• Patient education
• Chronic pain counseling
• Referrals to qualified treatment or rehabilitation
SMHC Commitment and Acceptance Therapy Program
Individualized therapy and support groups, such as SMHC’s Acceptance and Commitment Program, have been shown to help people suffering from chronic pain to live a rich and meaningful life. Program participants learn coping skills to deal with both physical and emotional pain, and clarify what is important and meaningful to them so they can change their life for the better. Participants can increase their quality of life by decreasing symptoms of depression and anxiety, reducing how often pain interferers with daily activities and decreasing dependence on prescription medications.
SCHEDULING A CONSULTATION
If you think you might benefit from SMHC’s Pain Management services, please ask your physician to schedule an appointment for an initial consultation by calling (207) 490-7860.
2 Livewell Drive – South Tower
Kennebunk, ME 04043
P (207) 467-8550
F (207) 467-8551
25A June Street
Sanford, ME 04073
P (207) 490-7932
F (207) 490-7936